Thursday, December 10, 2015

Kohlapuri Egg Masala/Anda Rasa

If i say “I am a big fan of EGGS!” ,it would be an understatement. I am so in love with eggs and here is one of my treasured recipes, not just because it’s tasty, but also the fact that it can be made in a jiffy makes it top my list, as all know I m one helluva-lazy-bum.
I know the images that I m sharing in recent times aren’t that good as I m yet to settle with a permanent set-up. Also most of those are captured during the hush-puff  times before getting ready to work which is directly proportional to less/no concentration and hence the photos! But I assure you soon I’ll get back to my old regime if not better! Now let’s go to the recipe.

Ingredients:
Eggs-3 or 4, hard boiled and peeled
Oil-2 tbsp
Salt- as needed
Water-1 cup
Coriander leaves-to garnish
To Roast & Grind:
Onions-1 cup, cubed
Tomatoes-1 cup, cubed
Ginger-1 inch piece
Garlic-4 pods
Coconut-1/4 cup
Dried red chillies-2
Black peppercorns-1/2 tsp
Cloves-4
Cinnamon- 1 inch piece
Poppy seeds-1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Oil-1 tbsp
How It Happened:
1. Boil and peel the eggs. Slice them into halves and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and the ingredients given under the’ to roast and grind’ list one by one and fry them until golden brown, switch off the flame and cool them.
3. Grind them into a smooth paste and set aside.

4. In the same add 1 tbsp of oil and roast the sliced eggs until golden brown and remove them from the pan.
5. In the same pan, add the ground paste and 1 cup of water and cook for 5-7 minutes or until it starts boiling in medium flame.
6. Then slide in the egg slices into the gravy and let it simmer for 2 more minutes.

7. Switch off the flame, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with phulkas or hot rice.

Notes:
* You can also add whole eggs. If so, slit the eggs slightly and roast them.
* You can play around with the spices as per your taste.
* The gravy need not boil for longer as all the ingredients in it are already cooked/roasted.

* Adjust the chillies to suit your taste buds as you add peppercorns too.

No comments :

Post a Comment