Saturday, May 31, 2014

Cantaloupe Popsicle/ Lollisticks


When i was a kid i used to wait for the vacations to start mainly because of 2 reasons. One was to go to my grandma’s place and the other was, i get to eat as much cold stuffs as i can. My maternal grandma and my uncle (ma’s elder bro) got me anything and everything i wanted and also i could call them for rescue with just a wink of an eye if my Ma stops me from eating anything so-called-not-so-health-friendly.
All the reason mom had was i was diagnosed with primary complex and all the reason i had was i m off from those stuffs for rest of the year. My aachi used to get me popsicles every day not one but two. Those sticks of heaven melted as i indulged in its sweet melodies and dripped down my elbow and i literally licked my entire hand without any tiny drop left out. Now those are memories along with my Aachi..I miss her so much! Coming to the recipe, these are really easy and tasty popsicles and if there is anyone out there like me who wants to get rid of those last few chunks of the quite a big fruit then this is the way! Frankly, i am not a fan of cantaloupe although i can have a glass of its juice or this stick considering its health benefits. Its tasty and healthy. Do try it and I am sure you will fall for it!
Ingredients:
Cantaloupe pieces-2 cups
Sugar-3 tbsp
Elaichi/cardamom seeds-2
Milk-1/4 cup

How it Happened:
1. Scoop the cantaloupe and cut into pieces. Boil the milk, cool it and store it in refrigerator until use.
2. Add all the ingredients in a juicer/tall blender jar and blend well until all the pieces are completely mashed.
3. Pour the juice into the popsicle moulds and freeze for 6-8 hours/ until the juice is completely frozen.
4. Just before serving, show the moulds in running water to loosen the pops and pull the stick out.

Notes:
*Do not add water while blending as the fruit itself has enough water else the pops may not turn creamy but for sure will taste good.
*Sugar can be substituted with honey or any other sweetener or can be avoided.
*Milk gives a creamy texture but you can avoid that too. Just fruit juice popsicle tastes equally good too!

*Freezing time depends on the cooling capacity of the refrigerator so freeze accordingly.

No comments :

Post a Comment